Wallendbeen is a small village within the Cootamundra Shire.
Early History of Wallendbeen
In 1832, Irishman Edward Ryan, an ex-convict established himself at Galong and later was granted a pastoral licence on crown land at Wallendbeen and Cootamundra.
This large area of land was known as Ryan's Run. In 1837 the Wallendbeen section was transferred to a friend solicitor Charles Nicholls of Sydney and the Cootamundra area to another friend ex- convict John Hurley of Campbelltown.
The next recorded history known is the document of sale dated 28th September 1842 of 3,000 sheep and 400 head of cattle from Charles Nicholls to Sir James Matheson of Scotland.